In this article you find:
How to deploy and update the Phish Alert Button on Microsoft 365
1. Sign into the Microsoft 365 Admin Portal
2. Click Show All
3. Go to Settings > Integrated Apps
4. Click Upload Custom Apps if you are installing the Phish Alert Button for the first time. Otherwise, click your installed Phish Alert Button Add-In, and then Update Add-In
5. Select Upload manifest file (.xml) from device > Choose file and then select the Phish Alert Button manifest file from your computer
6. Wait for the file to be uploaded and validated, and then click Next
7. Choose whether you want to deploy the Phish Alert Button to just yourself, the entire organisation, or specific sets of users or groups. Click Next to continue.
If you use the usecure Microsoft 365 Sync, your deployment audience should match your configuration to avoid users who aren't on the platform from using the Phish Alert Button.
NOTE: The next step applies only if you enabled Retrieve Message Data via the MS Graph API on Behalf of a User using SSO in your Phish Alert settings. If you did not, skip to step 9.
8. You will be taken to an Accept permissions requests screen. Click Accept Permissions to open a Microsoft consent pop-up. Select and log in to the admin account you wish to use, review the permissions, and click Accept once satisfied.
If you do not see the accept permissions screen, you will need to cancel the deployment, re-download your manifest from the Phish Alert Settings page and start the deployment again with the new XML file.
9. Click Next on the Accept permissions requests screen
10. Click Finish deployment to complete the process if you are installing the Phish Alert Button for the first time, or Accept and update if you are updating the add-in.
Add-in deployments can take up to 6 hours to complete, although this could be up to 24 hours depending on your organisation's size. We recommend leaving it overnight before checking an Outlook client to see if it's installed.
Desktop and mobile clients will need to be restarted to see any changes.
OWA will need to be reloaded also.
How to deploy the Phish Alert Button on Exchange 2013/2016/2019
1. Sign into the Exchange Admin Center
2. Go to Organization > Add-ins
3. Click the plus icon and select Add from file
4. Click Choose file on the Add from File pop up that appears, select the Phish Alert Button manifest file from your computer then click Next when the upload has completed.
NOTE: You will receive an error referring to SSO if you enabled Retrieve Message Data via the MS Graph API on Behalf of a User using SSO in your Phish Alert settings. These features are only available when the add-in is installed via Microsoft 365. You will need disable them and redownload your manifest to continue with the Exchange installation.
5. You can then deploy the add-in to your users by selecting the Phish Alert Button row and clicking on the pencil icon.
If you don't see a Phish Alert Button row it means you set the Add-in Display Name in your Phish Alert Settings to something different.
6. On the Edit Add-in settings pop up, select Mandatory, always enabled. Users can't disable this add-in under Specify User Defaults and then click Save to complete the deployment.
Understand your Phish Alert Button email notifications