Creating a phishing simulation using the uPhish template library
Creating and sending your phishing simulation is quick and simple. Here's how to launch a uPhish campaign in five simple steps:
- Choosing your theme
- Choosing your email
- Configuring your simulation
- Selecting recipients & scheduling your simulation
- Setting up inline training for compromised users
To get started with creating your phishing campaign, simply sign into your usecure portal > hover over the 'uPhish' tab within the navigation bar > then select 'Create Simulation'.
Step One - Choosing your theme
First, you will need to choose a landing page for your simulated phishing campaign. You will see pre-built uPhish templates on this page, but if you have created custom landing pages you can see them by scrolling down to the Your Saved Templates section.
Step Two - Choosing your email
If you chose one of the uPhish landing page templates, you will see appropriate email templates to fit the landing page's theme. You will also be able to select from all your custom templates by scrolling down to the Your Saved Templates section.
Step Three - Configure your simulation
Now you're able to configure your simulation by editing the following:
- Simulation name
- Subject line
- Sender & sender domain
- Landing domain
You'll also be able to quality check your campaign with the 'send test email' option at the bottom of the page.
Step Four - Selecting recipients & scheduling your simulation
In this step, you're able to select your recipients and choose the send date/ time of your simulation.
- Selecting recipients - Using the two drop-down menus under 'select recipients', you can choose from individual recipients or your pre-made groups (e.g., HR Staff)
- Staggered email send - To avoid a high number of users receiving your simulation at the same time, you'll have the option to select how many hours your email will distributed over.
Step Five - Setting up inline training for compromised users
You can optionally choose to automatically send additional training modules to users who become compromised in the simulation. You can do this by selecting an Inline Training module in this step.
We recommend you use the Phishing Micro Training module which is specifically built for this purpose. It explains to users why they are receiving the additional training, why it's important to look out for phishing, and what signs they should look out for. You can, however, choose any uLearn module you wish - including custom ones you've created yourself.
Finally, click 'Create Simulation' to deploy your campaign.
- Ensure your phishing simulations get delivered by whitelisting usecure IPs and domains in your email server
- Learn more about uPhish Inline Training
- Find out how to customise your uPhish settings