You can create a new policy on uPolicy entirely from scratch, or by using one of the pre-built templates from the uPolicy library. This article will show you how to do both.
Alternatively, you can upload an existing PDF file into uPolicy:
- Learn how to import policies into uPolicy
How to create a new policy
1. Find the View Policies page from the menu bar under the uPolicy drop-down.
2. Click the Create Policy button.
3. You will now be able to choose whether you want to start building your policy using one of the pre-built templates, or to write it from scratch.
(If you chose to create your policy from scratch, skip to step 5.)
4. The policy template selection window will now open. You will be able to look through all the policy templates available on uPolicy, and choose whichever one you wish to start editing.
5. In the policy editor, you will first need to give your policy a name and a category.
6. You will then be able to start editing the text of your policy. Use the toolbar to create titles, use bold and italicised text, centre text as you wish or to add hyperlinks to your policy as necessary.
7. In the Signature Settings tab, you will be able to select if and when the policy is sent out for signing automatically. The pane on the right describes the settings for each signature setting option as you select them from the drop-down on the left.
8. In the Access Control tab, you can set a Policy Owner as well as choosing whether the policy is viewable on the external policy access page (if enabled).
9. Once you have finished editing your policy, click the Create Policy button.
Congratulations, you have just created your first policy!